Right now, as I type this, I am being devirginized in the blogging world (it's quite painless).
Today, we were forced to run the halls instead of around the gym which makes for a more enjoyable run in my opinion. I say more enjoyable because there are new surroundings, and I am not bored by all of the ads on the walls of the gym. I should have them all memorized by now. However, a few downsides include Ghost Boy prancing around in the crawlspace above the ceiling tiles, imagining I am seeing people in the classrooms, and seeing my reflection in the windows. From these downsides, I'm sure one would gather that I'm rather paranoid, but I assure you I am perfectly sane ;). And from my comment on the reflection, I have never understood why there are mirrors in weight rooms. I, personally, don't want to see myself struggling to lift a 10 lb. dumbbell.
I have had the same pair of tennis shoes for 3+ years now. They are bound to have 1000+ miles on them. They have been run*** ragged. Back when I was in grade school and high school, I would get a new pair every summer before school would start. So none of my tennis shoes were a part of my life for a long period of time. But with these last shoes, we have had quite the long relationship. I've known that I need a new pair for quite a while now, but it's so hard to commit to another pair when I've been with these for so long. I finally bought a pair yesterday. Now, if you've looked at the selection of running shoes these days, you'll notice at least two things: ridiculously bright colors and that these shoes are as light as a feather. Took a while to find a pair that didn't blind me when I looked at them. Ran in them for the first mile and immediately changed back into my others. I could hear my old ones in my head singing, "Can't you see-e-e, you belong with me-e-e."
Three virgin-y things happened to me today (great way to start off 2014):
1. first time blogging
2. first time running the halls
3. first time running seriously in a different pair of shoes
I need to figure out how to transition from paragraph to paragraph better. ~ Larissa "Slower than Usain Bolt"
No comments:
Post a Comment